This article was most interesting to me as many of my migraine pain areas are in portions of my face, where sight is impaired and the pain is excruciating.
If you look at the entire nervous system only about 20% of the input to the brain comes from the spinal column! The other 80% comes from twelve sets of cranial nerves. Here is where it gets tricky. 70% of that 80% comes from the trigeminal nerve. The trigeminal nerve is important because it provides nerve stimulation to some very important parts of the head and face such as:
Take a good look at this list…how many of you have complaints of ear problems? Toothaches? Sinus problems? Migraines? Jaw Pain? How many of you have been to multiple doctors and have been told that there was “nothing” wrong?
The trigeminal nerve has three branches Continue reading “Chronic Migraines ~ What’s with the Facial Pain?”