15 thoughts on “Interesting information on your Thyroid

1. TradeRoutz livingStyle says:

I’ve got an underactive thyroid and have to take meds like FOREVER because of it! It was only ever picked up in a blood test, when I literally demanded that ‘they’ check my thyroid, coz although I’m batshit crazy, I read up on thyroid and it for sure adds to the depression and anxiety. Never mind freezing all the time. Oh, and WEIGHT. holy sheeeeit! My serious honest advice for ANYONE suffering from any form of depression or other mental illness, is to have their thyroid checked. THAT could be the culprit.

This reminds me of a friend who went through something similar. She was on depression meds for years, forever sick (physically), losing weight, continuous stomach problems then finally a thyroid check and that’s what it was. It took about 6 months of the medication she should have been on for thyroid and slowly eased off some of the psych meds. She’s not 100% better but improved, especially with eating the gluten free bread. Thanks for sharing your story and great advice to everyone. 🙂 🙂

• TradeRoutz livingStyle says:

Wow, it’s amazing how many illnesses can be attributed to the various organs in our body. Sadly, the thyroid can cause depression, if not functioning properly, apart from weight loss or gain, but it doesn’t cause Bipolar or Borderline….shucks…

Who would think of getting their thyroid checked? It’s not until someone points it out. We are not all medical experts, but then, some physicians aren’t very informed either and keep dishing out medications for the wrong illness. Hmmmm….where do they get their diplomas from? 🙂

Yes, back in the ’90’s when I first started therapy and then followed by depression, I didn’t have the luxury of the internet/google. All anyone could do is hand me books with nothing but medical jargon – geez big help! The library index cards we used to look up items or books at the library were our google sources essentially. I’m ageing myself here! 🙂

• TradeRoutz livingStyle says:

Ha ha! don’t worry, I’m in exactly the same boat as you. Back in the ’90’s no one knew anything really. We didn’t have the internet (weird when you think about it now though), so yes, library books were all we had to go on, and of course our Dr.s who know very little actually! I’ve already aged a hundred years due to the ‘invisible illnesses that haunt and taunt the mind’…. x